Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Homage



I find that there are many ways to pay homage to a person or creature-writing about, painting or drawing the subject, or taking a photograph series. The latter somehow allows me to not only really spend time observing an animal I might not have had an opportunity to examine up close, but it also just lets me partake in it's worldly vessel that is now about to take on a new form of dust.

I've been wanting to start a series like this and each time I see a beautiful moth in the water bucket I think about starting but life kept getting in my way.

But no more. So yesterday when I found this White Crested Sparrow in the lavender field, I decided to finally start a photo series called "Homage".

Please visit my main art site to see all the images. And as I do more I will let you know.